All Three Methods To Format Your USB OR SD Card
What are the All Three Methods To Format Your USB OR SD Card?
This article will help with the All Three Methods To Format Your USB OR SD Card. Just follow this methods and Format Your USB OR SD Card
Devices Like PC, Laptop, Smartphones having a huge amount of data stores. We store huge amount of data like images, audio, video files, games, etc. All of the data has stored in hard disk or storage location. But all need any external device to transfer data from a place to another. So we use USB devices to transport data from one device to another. Similarly, SD cards are used in mobile. USB pen drives are typically removable and rewritable, and physically smaller than an optical disc. USB flash drives are used for the same objectives for which floppy, CD, DVD used. i.e. for storage, data back-up and the transfer of files. Pendrive are also used to perform a different function like we can make bootable Pendrive for windows, and the device storage memory can be converted into RAM memory such as by using pen drive as ram.
Due to plunging pen drive on multiple machines. There are many opportunities for our Pendrive get affected by the virus as well as malicious programs. All these also slow down our Pendrive. Recently we have discussed increasing Pendrive speed. But when we are not able to reach the Pendrive then formatting is the only solution. But some viruses prevent the pen drive or sd card being formatting, or Sometimes we remove them during reading/write operation also result in file corruption. In that situation, we need to format the drive. There are many different procedures to perform setup, but if standard format feature is not functioning, in this article, we are going to share best and possible different methods to format Pendrive or SD card.
Here are The Three Methods To Format Your USB/SD Card
Method 1: Format Pendrive Using cmd (Command Prompt).
1. Connect USB pen drive or SD card to PC.
2. Click on Start >> select Search >> Run >> Type cmd & click OK.
3. Assuming that the letter denoted to the USB flash drive is H, then enter the following command
a. format /q /x H: & then press Enter.
b. The q parameter denotes quick format
c. The x parameter forces the chosen volume to dismount if it needed.
FOR FAT 32 TYPE FORMAT /FS:FAT32/Q H:
FOR NTFS TYPE FORMAT /FS:NTFS/Q H:
Note: Don’t forget to substitute the letter “H“ with your drive denoted letter.
Method 2: Format Using Default Windows Option
- Connect your USB flash drive/memory card into the USB slot of your computer.
- Usually, your system will find it as a removable disk drive
- Open “My Computer” & then right click on the removable disk drive you have just inserted.
- Click “Format” on the pop-up menu
- It appears a dialogue box called “Format Removable Disk.”
- Select “FAT 32” under the File System and make sure you do not select Quick Format. (If you are not sure, then leave all the choices as default)
- Click on the “start.”
- A pop-up will notify you that the format process will delete all the data in the flash memory. Make sure you need to delete all data on the disk before you click OK. The formatting process will start once then click “OK.”
Method 3: USB Disk Storage Formatting Tool (Only For Windows)
USB flash drives hold everything from personal including medical information to music and pictures and secure data, with the added benefit of being small and healthy enough for keychain duty. They also provide an option to format a pen drive when the window was enabled to format the USB drive due to resource errors. USB Disk Storage Formating Tool permits you to quickly and thoroughly format virtually any USB flash drive with the choice of FAT, FAT32, exFAT, or NTFS partition types.
- Quick format as well as supported format.
- Erase all data & delete space on flash drives that you cannot remove in a conventional way.
- Remove all tracks of malicious software that may affect.
- Correct partition errors if any.
- Create volume label for USB disk drives.
- Scan drive for any errors before start formatting.
- Create an FAT32 volume larger than 32 GB.
- Compatible with all version of windows.
These are best possible methods to format Pendrive/USB device such as SD card quickly.If you have any queries regarding this article, share with us in comments.
We hope this article will help you with All Three Methods To Format Your USB OR SD Card. If you have any doubts please comment below. We will help you within 48 Hours. We are here to care you. Thanks for reading.