Solution For IP Address Conflict
What is the Solution For IP Address Conflict
This article will help you with the Solution For IP Address Conflict
The Internet is broadly used today to perform many routine tasks. The Internet is a worldwide network. Each device is allocated a unique IP address to identify it uniquely over the web. The local network is also created to share the resources like the internet, printer, etc. Local channels are formed in two ways by assigning a static IP to each computer and by configuring a DHCP server to assign a dynamic IP address to each computer within a particular range. Sometimes two computers have same IP address in a network. Therefore, the two computers can not communicate with the network, and an error message occurs saying there is an IP address conflict on the network. In this article, we are going to explain the solutions for IP address conflict. So that, we can access internet or another network without any error or issue.
Resolve IP Address Conflict
Some primary reason for IP address conflicts are:
- One PC is allocated a static IP address which is conflicting with the range of DHCP server.
- Two distinct PC are assigned a same static internet protocol address.
- Configure two or more DHCP server, and their scope is conflicting with each other.
Method 1: To Resolve IP Conflicts:
- Restart your computer; this will resolve the dispute if the IP address is assigned to DHCP server.
2. For static IP
You need to configure the new static IP address.
The solution for the first and second situation is to modify the static IP address which is clashing with DHCP range or other static IP address.
To Reconfigure Static IP Address
- Start menu >> type control panel in the search bar.
2. In the control panel, Select network and the Internet
3. The network and sharing center window will open.
4. On the sidebar of the windows click on the change adapter settings option.
5. After that, You could see all adapters in your network.
6. RightClick on the adapter that you are currently using for internet connection >> select its properties.
7. Then a dialog will appear, from the networking tab click on the internet protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) and then select its properties.
8. In the properties, you can easily pick the IP address from DHCP server or fill the static IP address.
9. Restart your computer after altering the IP address; after this, the conflict would have resolved.
Method 2: – Release And Replace IP Address.
To issue the current IP address, follow the steps below.
- Select start menu >> type command prompt in the search bar >> click enter.
- Then, type the following command.
NOTE: – If your computer has static IP address then the operation for above command will be failed. Then we have to follow method 1 to change the static IP address.
3. After this command, type the following command to renew your IP address.
4. After your IP address is replaced with a new IP from DHCP server and this will resolve the IP address conflicts.
After typing these commands, your IP Address Conflicts should have solved.
We hope that this article will guide you to Resolve IP address conflict by following any of the method mentioned. Please share it with your friends, if you find this is useful. For any assistance, please feel free to write to us in the comment section below.
I hope this article is helpful for you. Share with friends if you like our articles. Thanks.