Delete Windows.old Folder In Windows 10
How To Delete Windows.old Folder In Windows 10?
This article will help you to Delete Windows.old Folder In Windows 10. This method is helpful for windows 10 updated users.
As we all aware, Windows 10 free upgrade was earlier accessible to everyone, and many of you may have already installed Windows 10 on your PC. Therefore, today we have stated the great tip that you will surely love to try on your Windows 10 PC as here we wish to tell the method to delete the Windows.Old folder from your computer as this folder covers when reinstalling the Windows OS and the files of previous windows installation and this takes the additional memory in your current OS. So, when you try to delete this folder then the system gives errors, and you are unable to remove that folder. That is why we are here to explain you in this as the process that we are going to discuss right here will let you quickly delete the folder named “Windows.old” and free space.
How To Delete Windows.Old Folder In Windows 10
The method is quite straightforward, and you do not need any third party app for this as you would have to use system inbuilt cleanup feature and with that Window.old would get deleted. For that follow the steps below.
Steps To Delete Windows.Old Folder In Windows 10
- You have to open your the windows file explorer by clicking the keys Window + E, and there you have to click on My PC.
- Mostly the drive C contains this folder which you have to delete and so right click on the Local Disk C and then select the properties
- You have to click on the choice Disk Cleanup.
- Now under disk cleanup dialog box choose the button Clean up system Files.
- You have to choose the option Previous Windows Installations to remove the Windows.old folder and you can select other installation related files to remove that can include Windows upgrade log files as well as Temporary Windows installation files.
- Now just click ok option
- Now a popup will appear to confirm the data deletion process, and there you need to choose the option to delete files.
- now only click on ok and the process will start and all the files that were just junk in your computer and was occupying lots of space in it.
So above discussion is all about Delete “Windows.old” Folder In Windows 10. Use the above guide and quickly delete the additional files from your Windows OS to free lots of space on your computer. Hope you like this post, keep on sharing with others. Leave a comment if you face any problem at any of the step discussed right above.