Turn Your PC Into WiFi Hotspot
Turn Your PC Into WiFi Hotspot
How to Turn Your PC Into WiFi Hotspot?
This article will help you to Turn Your PC Into WiFi Hotspot. Just follow the below steps. It will help you.
The Internet is a fast growing technology which provides all the information in all over the world, you have to search it on the web, and you can find information related to any topic. With the increase of new technologies Mobile phones, tablets are also growing very fast within the few decades. If you have a WiFi enabled cell phone, Tablet or an iPad then you can easily connect your devices to the available WiFi network in the public place, office or the college, but in the home, most people have the only single connection (wired internet connections) or USB dongles. Don’t worry; you can connect your devices to your internet without any help of WiFi router. You have to just create a WiFi hotspot connection on your PC or Laptop. To Create WiFi Hotspot in Windows is not a tough task. You can create a WiFi hotspot on your Windows PC or Laptop by just doing simple steps which we discuss below. It is also advantaged to have a WiFi network in the home because it can decrease extra charges on internet packs in the mobile phones. Your family members can use WiFi network, and with the help of one connection, you can connect any device to the broadband internet without having any WiFi router. Here we have explained two methods to turn laptop or PC into a WiFi hotspot on windows With the help of them we can use laptop internet on other devices.
How To Turn Your PC Into A WiFi Hotspot?
Method 1: – Creating WiFi Hotspot By Using a Software
In this approach, you have to download and install the software. After the installation, it will tell you to create your WiFi Hotspot username and password. So you have to create a username and password. Then click on start/activate button, it will automatically create the WiFi Hotspot, next whenever any user wants to access WiFi hotspot they have to enter the password that you have already fixed. Now they can access your WiFi hotspot network. So it’s just simple method, and you can easily use PC as a WiFi hotspot, without having any WiFi router. So here we are going to list out two software’s which is best and freely available for creating WiFi Hotspot on you PC.
The Top 2 Hotspot Software are
mHotspot is a free and easy method to use laptop or PC as a WiFi hotspot. This software turns your computer or laptop into virtual WiFi router which can connect up to ten devices. You can also share any internet connections containing 3G/4G, LAN, and Ethernet with an entirely secured route.
- Simple user interface
- It possesses Security Features such as WPS, WPA2, and WEP.
- The mHotspot also shows the number of devices connected, you can see sent and received data, and other log data.
Or you can use
My WiFi router is another freely available software which turns your Windows PC or laptop into WiFi hotspots. You can rather share the internet easily with My WiFi router software anywhere and anytime. Just download and install the software and place your username and password according to you and click on activate button.
- Creating a secure WiFi hotspot with My WiFi router is easy.
- Share the internet any internet connections of 3G/4G, Ethernet & LAN.
- You can view and control the connected devices in limit internet/speed/blocklist.
- It allows enlarging WiFi accessibility.
Note: – If you have a desktop PC, then you have to buy a Bluetooth device to enable hotspot in this way.
Method 2: – Create WiFi Hotspot Using CMD (Turn Your PC Into WiFi Hotspot)
In this process, we will explain to you that how to use PC as WiFi hotspot through command prompt. These are the simple steps to create a WiFi hotspot.
Step 1: – Enable the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adaptor.
- To allow this first open “RUN” dialogue box using (“Window Key”+”R”).
- Then Run dialogue box and type “cmd.” It opens your command prompt, or you can also search cmd from the start menu.
- Then, run the command prompt with Administrator privileges by doing right click on cmd and select (Run as Administrator).
- Once the command prompt open, then type the command given below.
NETSH WLAN SET HOSTEDNETWORK MODE=ALLOW SSID=HOTSPOT KEY=PASSWORD
1 SSID is your username.
2 Key is the password of WiFi Hotspot.
3 You can also create SSID and Key according to you !.
Step 2: – Start WiFi Hotspot Connections.
- After creating the Hosted Network, then start it.
- For starting the WiFi hotspot connection, type the command given below.
NETSH WLAN START HOSTED NETWORK
Step 3: – To Configure Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter.
- Go to Network and Sharing Center where you will see your created network.
- Go to the right side, and you could see change adapter settings, click on it.
- Click on the Ethernet >> then, Select Properties-.
- It will show you new dialogue box. Click on Sharing >> Click on Allow network user, As illustrated below.
- Select the Local Area Connection*12 which we created.
- Click ok.
Some Other Commands are:
- If you want to disconnect network connection then only open your command prompt with administrator privileges and type the command given below.
NETSH WLAN STOP HOSTEDNETWORK
- Or if you want to modify your network Password then type command given below in the command prompt.
NETSH WLAN REFRESH HOSTEDNETWORK YOURNEWPASSWORD
Hence, now we can use laptop or PC as a wifi hotspot. You can also enjoy your private network, and any member of your home can use WiFi Hotspot. If you face any problem regarding above methods, then feel free to ask!
I hope this article will help you to Turn Your PC Into WiFi Hotspot. Follow the above methods this will help you. Thanks for reading.