Hide Your Folders And Files
How to Hide Your Folders And Files?
This article will help you to Hide Your Folders And Files easily. Follow the methods to study about hiding files and folders.
In a situation where many users use a single computer, and we have to guard our data from users, the folder hiding is the useful option for hiding our results and provide protection to our files.buttonsIn a situation where both child and parent use a home computer, there is a chance of accidentally damage our results by children or other users. The better solution to this problem is to hide our data to provide it protection against accidental damage. Windows Provides various methods to hide folder and files. If you do not have the knowledge of how to protect folder and files, in this article we are going to explain various methods to hide folder and files with inbuilt windows feature and also with software tools.
Methods To Hide Folders And Files
Method 1: – Hide Folders And Files Using Inbuilt Option
Trick 1: By Using Folder & Search Option
1. Double-click on “My Computer” icon.
2. In “My Computer” Window, search organize-button.
3. Click on the Organize button. A dialogue box will appear.
4. In the dialogue box, click on Folder & Search option.
5. From the dialog box appear, click on view button.
6. Now You could see hidden files and folder option.
7. From the hidden files and folder options select the radio button “Don’t show hidden files and folder.”
8. Now Click on Apply button >> click OK.
In case you need to display hidden folders and files then select the second option given below as shown in the above image.
Trick 2: Hide Folders And Files From Files Properties
1. Right-click on the folder which you want to hide.
2. After the right-click, you could view a popup menu.
3. Then select the “properties” option.
4. After clicking on properties, it appears a dialogue box.
5. From the dialog box beneath the General Tab, you could see an attributes option.
6. From attribute option, Click on the hidden option.
7. Click on “Apply” button >> click OK. Now your folder is hidden from all users.
If you want to view hidden file or folder a, then you need to follow the 1st method described in this article. Just select ‘show hidden files option” >> open properties >> uncheck the hidden option check box.
Method 2: – Hide Folder & Files With Wise Folder Hider
Wise Folder Hider is an awesome tool to protect a folder or a for Windows. It is compatible with all versions of Windows. It is a light weight software which is available for free. It provides additional protection to your data by hiding and setting a password to data. If someone can found your files, then he will be unable to see and remove them without unlocking the data. It provides a simple user interface.
Steps To Hide Folder Using “Wise Folder Hider.”
1. Download and install “Wise Folder Hider.”
2. When you are running this tool for the first time, it will ask for a password to use.
3. Set your password for each time you log in.
4., After that you will see an operational Window.
5. From operation windows, there is three different button for hiding file, folder, and USB.
6. Select a particular button for hiding file, folder, and USB.
7. Then you will see a dialog box to browse the location of File/Folder.
8. After scanning the file then appears a popup arrow button beside the open button.
9. After clicking the Arrow button, you will see a popup menu with hiding/unhide, open >> set the password. You can set mode as your requirement.
Method 3: – Hide Folders And Files Using Command Prompt.
1. Press Windows keys >> Type R for run prompt. Type cmd >> then press enter.
2. In the command prompt >> enter the commands given below.
saATTRIB +S D:ABC
Say for example ABC directory name.
3. After pressing enter, your folder will be hidden.
Command To Unhide Folder & Files
If we can also unhide the hidden folder using the command prompt. For unhiding the folder, type the command given below.
ATTRIB -S -H D:ABC
Hence, these are the most reliable ways to hide folders, files, and drives with the aid of Windows functions and other 3rd party applications. We hope you find this article valuable and favorably able to hide folder and files.
We hope the above article will help you to Hide Your Folders And Files. Please share it with your friends and help them also. This will help to increase your knowledge and security. Thanks.