Use Your Home PC As Web Server
How To Use Your Home PC As Web Server
We are here to explain the best trick to Use Your Home PC As A Web Server. Read the complete article and share with others.
Many techniques are using which we can alter or induce some methods into our home computer such that it behaves/becomes like a web server. After making the computer into a web server, you can then host images, web pages, files, etc. and all that for free. This self-hosted data that you allow access to other devices via the PC that behaves like the server could be used to play your files even by using any other tools. Just read the whole post given below so as to know more about the method of how you can use your home PC as a Web server.
How To Use Your Home PC As A Web-Server
To get your PC behave as a server, you just need to download and install the software named as “Opera Unite,” After installing the application, you need to configure it in such a way that it could host your specific files and the method of setting it has been explained above
Steps To Use Your Home PC As A Web Server
- Open the Opera Web browser on your home PC and then from the lower left corner of your browser, select the Opera Unite service and then enable it
- When the service has approved successfully, then you would now have to add your particular files & folders, etc. to this process so that you could host them on it. To insert the files which you wish to host, then double click on the File sharing link from Opera Unite and then select up the folders and records that you wish to share it on the network
- The chosen files would be then shared/hosted and hence can be accessed over the web on either any particularized device or to all device publicly. This privacy you would be setting afterward, and you can set that quickly from the provided choices inside.
- If you feel like that your files & folders that you wish to share are not secure, then you can insert the passwords into them or just get the direct share links for them without any passwords.
- Keep it in mind that when your PC operates to host your files or folders, it would have to be working all the time. You should take care that your computer should be connected to the active internet connection so that it can host the files except it would miss working.
- Opera Unite won’t be caching any data from the web. Therefore, you will not have to bother about the collection of junk files or data by the running of the software.
So this was the natural method and method through which you can turn your home computer into a web server and host your files and data stored inside it. You can then access this data by using the other devices also hence can be made to transfer or compare the data. Now you have gone through the article and get the process using which you can make your computer run like a web server.
We hope you like the technique explained here to Use Your Home PC As A Web Server. Do share with others and share your views in comments here in comments below. Thank you for reading.