Methods To Add Or Remove Users On Ubuntu Server
What Are The Methods To Add Or Remove Users On Ubuntu Server?
Here in this article, we explain the best method to add or remove users on Ubuntu server. Read carefully and try it yourself.
You might need to know about the ways to which you can add users to your Ubuntu server and while doing this is not a single method, but you will have to follow some different methods. These methods are simple as well as easy to apply, and you will not need any advanced knowledge about the PC or networking, but you just have to know about some basic surfing techniques. Just follow the explanation given below to learn more about the methods using which you can add users to the Ubuntu server.
How To Add Or Remove Users On Ubuntu Server
The method is quite straightforward and easy, and you have to follow some simple step by step guide to add the users on Ubuntu server.
Steps To Add Users On Ubuntu Server
1. If you make a new server on the Linux, then you are only given the ‘root’ account, but still, if you want to add more users. You can do that by signing into that root account & then entering the command “add user new user.“ Note that you could rewrite the command using your desired username in the place of the new user in the command here.
2. If you have signed in as the non-root user, also gained the studio privileges, then you cannot use the same command, and you would have to run the another command, i.e., “sudo adduser newuser.“ Same like the previous command you could rewrite the command using your desired username in the place of the new user
3. When you type & enter the commands on your Ubuntu, then you would be asked for some series of queries that including the following
#Assign & confirm the password for the new user (You need to fill that)
#Addition info would be asked for the new user that will help you at the time of emergency
#Then you would be asked to confirm the entire information provided as true & for that, you need to type “Y” and continue further
Steps For Removing User
There can be a need to delete/remove the user, and you could do that by following the steps given below
1. You would have to sign in as ‘root’ user and type the simple command “deluser newuser.“ There shall be the name of the user in the place of the new user in the command that you need to delete
2. Now if you want to remove the user with the non-root user access then you could follow the command below in the sudo privileges: “sudo deluser newuser.“ Same as the previous command you could rewrite the command using your desired username in place of the new user
You delete or won’t delete their data or files but only the particular access path.
So at the conclusion of the article, we would say that if you have read this article carefully, then you might be able to add/delete users on the Ubuntu server quickly. And for all that you should be using some commands that are easy to implement in the Ubuntu terminal. You can go step by step as mentioned in the article and can perform the particular tasks exactly as adding users to the Ubuntu servers or removing them.
We hope you like the article on methods for adding or removing users in ubuntu server. Do share with others and have a try it on your Ubuntu server. Thanks for reading.